quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tansi!

Hello everyone! I'm Vivian and I live in the Yukon Territory in Northern Canada. We're already into fall up here, the leaves are all golden and we have frost every morning. Right now I'm sitting looking over the mountains with the wood stove keeping the trailer warm!

We live just outside of town so we're on 5 acres of woods where we have foxes and coyotes, and moose (3 of them), and all sorts of little animals. The bears should be coming through soon. We're on a wolf migratory route as well, but we don't expect them till December.

I work 3/4 time at a law firm in town. Been working in law firms since I was 17 (currently I'm 38!) with a few years off when I had my girls. They are 9 and 10 and I stayed at home with them till they went to school. Fortunately I work the hours they are in school so they don't even miss me!

I'm a published cross stitch designer (magazines and leaflets) however I'm taking a step away from that. It's no longer filling that creative need and there's a lot of other stuff that take away from the pleasure of it. I'm still a member of our local needlework guild and have been vice-president for 6 years.

Last November our local quilt shop owner finally talked me into trying out a beginner quilt class (Quiltstart). She's been after me for years as I frequent her shop to pick up fat quarters to use with my stitching! Well, one lesson and I was hooked! DH (ok, he's really my "significant other" but after 17 years I call him DH) bought me a Bernina for Christmas and I haven't looked back.

I just signed up for my fall classes. An applique quilt, a scrappy quilt, christmas stockings, as well as a level 1 and level 2 machine quilting classes. I'm self taught machine quilting wise b/c I couldn't wait for the classes LOL!

My blog is at: http://nn.dlpgraphics.ca/blog if you ever want to peek what I'm working on.

I'm having the time of my life playing with fabrics and I'm so glad to have found this quilting bee. I look forward to getting to know everyone throughout the coming year.

Take care all, Viv

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so jealous of all those classes! Somehow, when I read the class schedule there's nothing I want to take. I should just go for it!

    ReplyDelete