quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Looking ahead to my turn

I took a class on paper piecing this week. Two full nights, about 9 hours total, and I managed to complete two carrots. LOL! But they are pretty carrots. I'm building a veggie garden. I actually have 3 other carrots nearly put together, just have to attach the tops to the carrot part.

Anyway, I started looking at free paper pieced blocks online and look what I found!

http://www.winnowing.com/chkeggs.html

Would this be something you would be comfortable with? The blocks are 3 x 3 inch so I was thinking that all four together would be a good block size. Everyone do a chick and 3 eggs. What do you think? Is this something you have tried before? Does paper piecing scare you?

I may just have Cadbury Easter Creme eggs on the brain though LOL.

Vivian

8 comments:

  1. Or...I just was reading we can enlarge the patterns so I can make the eggs as big as I want...so maybe even one egg or two may work...maybe I can fit two eggs on one block...am I thinking too far ahead? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is talking to yourself a sign of something?

    I have now found these other eggs...

    http://www.patchpieces.com/sharingpatch.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you're getting some sense out of talking to your self then I guess you'll be OK! LOL! It's (paper piecing) not something I think I would be doing for myself in a hurry BUT isn't that what this is all about? I'm happy to give it a go whichever plan you decide to go with. OMGoodness, I just checked and you're not until July!!!! I haven't started Jenny's yet, I'm hoping to get to it this coming week......
    Keep talking Viv ;)
    lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just posted my easter egg quilt - go over and have a look - they were so easy and I embellished with beads - once you get bitten by the paper piecing bug it's an instant addiction! Good luck to you and let me know if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viv, sometimes the best conversations are the ones you have with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody I just checked out your blog and LOVE your Easter quilt you have pictured along the top. It's beautiful. (btw, new follower here, I enjoyed reading your blog!)

    Ladies, if I choose egg paper piercing my blocks may be the smallest in the group LOL..3x3 doesn't sound big until you actually start piecing. I keep looking at my 2 nine hour carrots. I'll have to post pics later today.

    Ok, I'm not going to decide anything today, I know, I know, I have months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I would love to make eggs and chicks. I've always wanted to try this pattern and i really like paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds really good to me!
    I will learn the paper piecing aspect of it with pleasure.
    Cool! I better get my idea out there and tell you what I had in mind and ask you if it sounds good since I am next. Coming up...

    ReplyDelete