quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beat me with a stick!

I am one of the guilty ones of not finishing my blocks yet. Between Lou's physical traumas and the recurring road trips for elder care, my sewing machine has been neglected for months.

We are on the road again this weekend, but I hope to start sewing next week and catching up on all my blocks. I will get them done and out in the mail as soon as possible. I know I have said that before, but we didn't expect the double pneumonia, the hyperbaric treatments, or the vascular surgery--and having to do EVERYTHING without my partner has truly sucked. So, we have talked and he realizes that the house will get cluttered, the dog hair may float around longer than usual, but that I need to sit down and get some sewing done for my soul.

I would love to be included in another round, and I know that Beebee from AL has been a follower and wants "in" on the second round.

Have a peaceful week-end and I hope fall weather is upon you, we are back in the 90s with humidity again....

6 comments:

  1. San-Dee, don't worry about it, at least we all knew why you were missing for a while. You've kept everyone in the loop and health comes first - everytime. You'll catch up and I'll be more than happy to be in another round with you...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought 4?? Does that sound right? I've just sent Tara an email to see what she wants to do, I told her that I'd be happy to organise if she wants out, would everyone be ok with that??? Not that there's much to organise really is there?
    I think my friend Sue (Charlottes Cottage) might join us too...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fine with that-and I have Beebee's contact info if you need it. I haven't heard from Tara in a long time, she must e up to her eyeballs at the Inn....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,
    No worries San-Dee, health definitely comes first!
    Warming up for round 2.
    I did a lot a piecing with my mom in France.
    Guess what! She loved the wonky star pattern ;-)
    as much if not more than I do.
    Promise I will keep it for myself though and not ask for one again, lol.
    I actually look forward to exploring new squares or shapes.
    Also will try to finish and post my quilt from Round 1.
    Melina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enquiring of a friend of mine from British Columbia...if we have spots to fill let's fill them!

    ReplyDelete