quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A seasonal forest for Sue

 A Tree's Year in Review

Here you go, Sue!  I machine appliqued these trees for you using some batiks on your 8 1/2 inch strip.   I did not cut or trim anything in case you wanted to do some other kind of rearranging!  I must say that this quilt has me so very intrigued.  I can't wrap my head around the final vision, so I'm really excited to see the rest of the blocks and the quilt put together!

I was inspired to do the seasons since we have both the north and south hemispheres represented amongst us.  In cold and snowy Colorado it is so inspiring to see those gardens in bloom down south(no, not Texas, Elaine).


Spring and Summer

Thanks to you as well for you patience this month in waiting for your blocks--it's such a busy time for so many of us!  This will be winging it's way to you along with the fabric for January's block on Monday!!

Instructions for January's block in the next post!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tara I just love your idea of the 4 seasons tree. You're so clever. All the blocks are going to be so great together. I can't wait to get them in my hot little hands. Thanks........

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Tara, I've made the same thing only in wool...!!! Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter,Sue, I'll email you today..!
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete