quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Teresa's blocks

Morning fellow quilters.
Teresa, your cheery '30's blocks are complete and will be flying over the Pacific to you today.

I enjoyed playing with the fabrics from my 1930's repro stash again - they are such fun.
 
Teresa's fabrics on the right, my contribution on the left.

I have 2 quilts in progress from that era; one is a top I rescued where the sashing had been nibbled by a mousie. It was quite easy to replace, so the top only needs to be quilted. It's a wacky string pieced tulip. The other is a fancy ninepatch - I purchased the blocks which needed the "melons" inserted in order to complete the top. The original owner did a nice job making the easy parts but must have baulked at the curved piecing!
Must get them both out for a little fresh air!

It's Friday morning here,  and my day off, so I'm looking forward to a sewing day in preparation for my monthly workshop tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day too!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the beautiful blocks! I love your fabric additions. I'm under the weather, and everyone's blocks are such a source of cheer and comfort!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks!
    Can't wait to start mine and scrounge through my stash.
    Happy Sunny Sunday to all!

    ReplyDelete