quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Thursday, November 17, 2011

"The Trees" and Lizzie's blocks from Elaine

I've finally turned all my lovely trees into a quilt.
Thanks to everyone in this fabulous "Bee" for your contribution to my little forest.
I love the way it turned out and apart from some wonky quilting
which I'm in the process of fixing it makes me very happy.
 Today I received a parcel from Elaine with 4 beautiful blocks to be included in Lizzie's quilt.
This also made me very happy because now I have 12 blocks and that will make a quilt.
Poor Lizzie drew the final month with this Bee
and sadly some of us are tired of making blocks or are unwell,
or too busy or just don't want to play anymore and
I'm waiting for a parcel from Teresa (on it's way) but I haven't had word from anyone else
 about more blocks coming this way.
That makes me sad because I really wanted to make a quilt for Lizzie
that shows her how much we quilters all care for each other.
Only 6 of us have contributed to this quilt so far....
if you still want to send some blocks for Lizzie's quilt
please email me and I'll wait for your blocks to arrive.
Otherwise it's going to be a lap quilt.
Hugs Sue

4 comments:

  1. Sue, I haven't had a chance yet to work on these blocks, Elaine was kind enough to send me some material that works. I hope to get these done this weekend, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, your tree quilt is amazing. So many different styles of trees and yet they all work well together.
    My blocks are still just that.
    Hope everyone gets Lizzie's blocks to you. She deserves a quilt for all the organising work she has done and for the tough time she is having.
    Thanks for coordinating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, do you want some more....I would love to send some. Did you get the block from my bff, Helen? Let me know, I would love to make some more for her, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw Sue, thank you so much for sharing the photo of the Tree quilt, it is beautiful!!!
    As for Lizzie's piece I would love to make one for sure (or two).
    I just finished my two Caffee Fasset pieces and loved making them, didn't love the fact that I am so late but my heart is still with it.
    I will put the turbo on and put other things on the back burner!
    Thanks for being the coordinatoress ;-) for sure!
    Melina

    ReplyDelete