quilters across the globe sharing their talents and forging new friendships

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Patchwork Chevron

Hi All,

Sorry I am so late with my blocks but at least they are in the mail for August even if you have not received them.
I have chosen to make a patchwork chevron quilt from a pattern by Jeni at In Colour Order that I came across at Moda bakeshop.

It is an easy block to put together but I love the end results so far from the blocks I have put together-in fact I just wanted to keep going.
I have sent out a 14inch square of grey dotted fabric and 4, 5inch squares. I am asking you to add 5 more squares and sew them into a nine patch. The squares can be any colour, plain or patterned and do not have to match the fabrics I have sent - I do love brights however..
So you have a nine patch block, and a grey square.


Draw a diagonal line across the grey square.
Place it right sides together on top of the nine patch and sew a seam a quarter of an inch on either side of the line.


Then cut on the line to yield effectively 2 half square triangles.


This is what a few blocks look like put together

Hope that makes sense.
Excuse the photos-cropping, editing and blogger were not playing together today.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Marlene
Also my new address is
11A Owens Road
Waiuku
Auckland 2123
New Zealand.
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice block and it looks fairly easy to make - always a bonus :) I'll be looking for my package in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block Marls, I'm looking forward to doing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very pretty, love it! I can't wait...Elaine

    ReplyDelete